Bulldog sell a range of top quality garden tools for adults (or big kids!). But did you know they also sell kids gardening tools. These tools are of the same quality as the adult tools and will last till your little gardeners are adults – maybe they can then pass them on to their kids.
These tools are smaller and lighter than an adult tool but just as durable. Perfect for small hands but tough enough to take on the enthusiasm that kids can get gardening. Providing kids with a tool that is designed for them also is the safer option.
Whether your kids are little gardeners already or just starting out, getting the kids their own set of garden tools is an awesome gift.
Why get the Kids Interested in Gardening?
Here are some benefits:
- Getting kids interested in the garden while they are young can lead to a life long love of gardening. Gardening as most of us know first hand is such a therapeutic activity no matter how old you are.
- Kids learn through doing. Gardening gives them opportunity to learn about maths, science and nutrition. Many schools will have a veggie garden to help kids learn in a practical way.
- Having their own little patch in the garden will teach kids responsibility – plants do need to be watered to survive and yes, your patch needs to be weeded!
- Is a fun way to exercise – all that digging, weeding, raking and planting works up a sweat.
- Most kids will love eating fresh out of the garden. A pizza garden project is a tasty and great way to introduce them to fresh garden ingredients.
- This one might be more of a benefit to you 🙂 You will have a little helper in the garden but seriously the memories that you create while gardening together will be remembered. Meaningful connection makes for happy kids.
Do the kids in your life garden? Or do you have any childhood gardening memories? We would love to hear your stories, please feel free to share in the comments below.